Lorraine S. Boss
Lorraine S. Boss
Lorraine S. Boss is a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates practice group. She has extensive experience representing high net-worth individuals, closely-held businesses, estates, trusts and non-profit organizations. Ms. Boss concentrates her practice in sophisticated estate and tax planning, business succession planning, estate and trust administration, and the establishment and operation of charitable organizations.
Ms. Boss began her career as a Certified Public Accountant, a background that serves her clients well. She prepares tax returns, including individual returns, estate and gift tax returns and exempt organization returns, and has represented clients in Internal Revenue Service and state estate tax audits.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Boss practiced law at Brosnan & Hegler, LLP from 1998 until 2020, at the New York City law firm of Silverman & Weinraub from 1992 until 1998, and in the Tax Department of the New York City law firm of Battle Fowler, LLP, from 1989 until 1992.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1993
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 1989 (Evening Division, Member of St. John’s Law Review)
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., 1983
- New York State
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- Director, The Raymar Children’s Fund
- September 2020
Author, Nassau Lawyer article, “Now Is the Time for Estate Planning: How to Leverage Low Interest Rates and a Temporarily Favorable Tax Landscape”
- April 7, 2020
New York Real Estate Journal reports Forchelli Deegan Terrana Welcomes Stacknowitz Boss, Memisha, Musella
- February 24, 2020
Lorraine Stacknowitz Boss Joins Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Practice Group as a Partner