- This event has passed.
Peter B. Skelos to Present “Inside the Mind of a Mediator” Webcast
November 7, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Peter B. Skelos, a partner in Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP’s Litigation practice group, will be presenting a NAM (National Arbitration Mediation)-sponsored Law.com webcast titled, “Inside the Mind of a Mediator: Avoiding Impasse and Maximizing Outcomes in Mediation.”
Although mediation resolves most disputes, some mediations end in impasse. Such disappointments can usually be avoided and positive resolutions achieved when advocates are armed with knowledge of common mediation pitfalls, and develop negotiation skills that can enhance mediation outcomes.
The webcast will cover key issues in dispute resolution, with a focus on how to maximize outcomes, as well as avoid impasse in mediation.
In this webcast, you will learn:
– Tips on maximizing outcomes in mediation
– Strategies to avoid impasse in negotiations
– Best practices on working with your mediator
– Practical guidance on crafting mediation briefs and presenting opening statements
– Common ethical issues, concerns and last-minute surprises that may arise in mediation and how to mitigate them