- This event has passed.
FDT Diversity Fellowship Program
FDT actively recruits qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to foster an inclusive workplace and to better serve our clients. As part of this commitment to diversity and attracting top candidates, the firm is proud to sponsor the Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP Diversity Fellowship Program.
We are committed to this program, which includes:
- Aggressively recruiting and hiring the most qualified attorneys, including attorneys with diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- Promoting those attorneys to positions of responsibility throughout the firm; and
- Maintaining a work environment that fosters mutual respect among all of our employees.
This Fellowship will provide the recipient with a paid full-time or part-time legal clerk position in our Uniondale office and a $1,500 academic scholarship to be applied toward law school tuition for the 2019 academic year.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled and be in good standing as a second-year (Juris Doctor) at an ABA-accredited law school;
- Demonstrate a record of academic achievement that evidences great promise for a successful career during the remainder of law school and in the legal profession;
- Contribute meaningfully to the diversity of his or her law school student body and, upon entering the legal profession, the legal community;
- Not be a recipient of a similar diversity award from another law firm for the same time period;
- Commit to spend at least eight weeks with the firm if full-time, or twelve weeks with the firm if part-time;
- And be a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
Members of racial, ethnic and other minority groups are encouraged to apply. Although disclosure of financial circumstances is not required, a demonstrated need for financial assistance may be taken into account.
Eligible Applicants Should Submit the Following Materials:
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words describing your interest in FDT and its Diversity Fellowship Program, and how you would contribute to the diversity of FDT and the Nassau County legal community;
- A resume;
- A copy of your undergraduate transcript and law school grades (when they become available); and
- Two professional or academic references (please provide contact information) and authorization to contact those individuals and disclose the reason for that contact.
- A writing sample.
A selection panel consisting of the firm’s Chair of the Diversity Committee and Members of the Diversity Committee will evaluate and select all Diversity Fellows.
Terms and Conditions
February 28, 2019 – Submission Deadline. FDT must receive all application materials by this date.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient’s law school and will be applied to tuition.
FDT reserves the right to terminate the scholarship at any time if the scholarship recipient is no longer eligible to remain at his or her law school or has misrepresented information in his or her application.
For more information about this Program, please contact Nina McCann at 516.248.1700 or email@example.com.