John P. Gordon
John P. Gordon
John P. Gordon is an Associate in the firm’s Industrial Development Agency (IDA) and Municipal Incentives practice groups. He helps property developers and businesses in Nassau and Suffolk Counties navigate through the process of obtaining tax incentives through the IDA and other municipal agencies. In addition, he represents clients throughout the purchase, sale, lease and finance of real estate, and with other agreements and transactions relating to real estate.
Mr. Gordon also has experience in mergers and acquisitions, business exit planning, corporate law, and estate and gift planning.
He has lectured on real estate, business law and estate planning topics, has been quoted in the press on legal and tax issues, and writes informative articles on legal and tax issues.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 2001
- New York
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Committee
- Member, Surrogate’s Court Estates and Trusts Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Law Section
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Chamber of the Willistons, Inc.
- Former President (2015-2018)
- September 24, 2021
Real Estate & IDA Attorney John P. Gordon Joins Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP
- September 21, 2021
Law: Prevailing wage law for IDA goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2022, NYREJ
- September 2014
Credit Shelter Trusts Remain Important to Estate Plans, CPA JOURNAL