Alexander Kerzhner is a Partner at Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP. In addition to his law degree, Alexander is a Certified Public Accountant.
Alexander is a member of the firm’s Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. He serves as outside general counsel to a number of emerging growth companies and focuses his practice on complex transactions across a wide range of industries. Alexander is results driven; using his legal knowledge and his experience as a Certified Public Accountant to effectively counsel his clients.
Alexander represents entrepreneurs, startups, venture capital-backed companies, private equity portfolio companies, emerging growth companies and middle market companies in various sectors, including technology, digital media, e-commerce, entertainment, life science, restaurants, cannabis and consumer products. Alexander also represents physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and various healthcare and health related entities.
Alexander has led a variety of complex transactions and has a broad transactional skill set that includes:
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate reorganizations and liquidations
- asset purchases and sales
- angel and seed round financing
- debt financing
- venture capital and growth equity financing
- private equity transactions
- joint ventures
- commercial, technology, licensing and software agreements
- equity compensation and incentive structures
- corporate governance and securities laws compliance
- intellectual property protection and commercialization
Prior to joining Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP, Alexander was an attorney at Am Law 100 firms. While in law school, he was a judicial intern for the Hon. Martin Glenn of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and for the Hon. Richard K. Eaton of the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Alexander is fluent in Russian.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2010
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S., cum laude, 2004
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York