As a general rule, state-level offices are closed to walk-in traffic, but remain “open” to accept electronically new entity formation filings, amendment filings, dissolution filings, merger filings, document search requests, good standing certificate requests, UCC financing statements and renewals, and other filings. The corporate jurisdictions our clients deal with most frequently are New York and Delaware.
New York State Department of State, Division of Corporations
- Still accepting “in person” legal process served on the Secretary of State as statutory agent of a business entity, but by appointment only
- All other “walk in” services are suspended until further notice
- Companies and other filers are encouraged to use the online filing system, see https://www.dos.ny.gov/about/corps-licensing.html
- Filings and document requests may still be mailed in as well
State of Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations
- In-person meetings are currently suspended until the State’s shelter in place order is lifted. Filers are instead encouraged to contact the Division through live chat, phone, email and online services found at https://corp.delaware.gov/contact/.
- Division staff remain available during normal business hours to assist filers.