Jay S. Hellman
Jay S. Hellman
Jay S. Hellman is a partner at Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP. He concentrates his practice in construction law and commercial litigation. Mr. Hellman represents clients with complex bankruptcy and commercial matters, as well as appellate litigation, in state and federal courts. He has represented high profile construction, architectural and engineering firms on contract negotiation, construction claims and defense of malpractice actions. Mr. Hellman has also represented public agencies, including school districts and libraries, in connection with general counsel matters, labor issues and public construction projects.
Mr. Hellman has an AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating – the highest level of professional excellence.
Mr. Hellman frequently lectures at Bar Association Continuing Legal Education programs.
During law school, Mr. Hellman was a member of the Missouri Law Review and served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Stanley Harwood, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department.
- University of Missouri-Columbia, J.D. 1994
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., 1989
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association