Phone: (516) 248-1700
Fax: (516) 248-1729
Elbert F. Nasis is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Employment & Labor practice groups. With more than 23 years of litigation experience, Mr. Nasis is recognized for his ability to handle complex civil litigations in state and federal courts, from inception through trial. He consistently obtains client-defined results in an efficient manner and is dedicated to counseling and assisting corporate and individual clients. Mr. Nasis also has extensive experience in real estate, commercial, business, construction, trusts and estates, and insurance coverage litigations. He has represented clients in connection with claims involving discrimination, harassment, workplace injury, wrongful termination, hostile work environment, and wage and hour disputes.
Mr. Nasis was a founding member of the law firm of Dornfeld & Nasis, LLP, which merged with Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP in 2015.
In addition to obtaining many successful results for his clients, Mr. Nasis has received several professional accolades, including New York Magazine’s New York Area’s Top-Rated Lawyers (2013); Newsday Long Island and The Wall Street Journal’s Top-Rated Lawyers of 2014; Long Island Business News’ Leadership in Law (2018), Who’s Who in Labor Law (2017) and Ones to Watch (2015); and The Legal Network’s Top-Rated Lawyers in New York, Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence (2016).
- Employment & Labor
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., 1995
- Stony Brook University, The State University of New York, B.A., 1991
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- New York State Bar Association (Torts, Insurance and Compensation, Real Property, Health Law, and Trial Lawyers Sections)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Hauppauge Industrial Association of Long Island (HIA)
- Smithtown Chamber of Commerce