Phone: (516) 248-1700
Fax: (516) 248-1729
Daniel P. Deegan heads up the Firm’s Industrial Development Agency (IDA), Municipal Incentives and Government Relations practices, with particular emphasis on facilitating and implementing responsible real estate development projects. He specializes in Real Estate Development Law, Zoning Law, Municipal Incentives/IDA Law, and Government Relations/Municipal Law. He is experienced in representing companies before the IDAs in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Dan has a reputation for “getting things done” with efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity.
Mr. Deegan has been awarded an “AV” legal ability and ethics rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory—the highest rating this nationally recognized publication has established. This rating is based upon extensive confidential peer review surveys. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in New York SuperLawyers every year since 2010. He was also peer selected in LI Pulse Magazine as a “Top Legal Eagle” for being the “most unbeatable” in Real Estate.
In the mid–1990’s, Dan was appointed City Attorney for the City of Glen Cove by then-Mayor Thomas R. Suozzi, and served in that capacity through 2006. He is also a member of the Commercial Industrial Brokers Society of Long Island (CIBS) and was recognized as the “Associate Member of the Year”.
He is a frequent lecturer to trade groups and others on the law and practice relating to Economic Development Incentives and Industrial Development Agencies. His article on the Benefits of IDA was published in the New York Real Estate Journal and the Suffolk Lawyer.
Dan currently serves on the board of the Long Island Association, an organization that advocates for the Long Island business community.
- Land Use & Zoning
- Real Estate
- St. John’s University School of Law, 1989
- Providence College, B.A., 1986
- Chaminade High School
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- United States District Court of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Long Island Association (Board Member)
- New York League of Conservation Voters (NYLCV) (Board Member and Vice Chairman of the Long Island Chapter)
- The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Served as President of the Glen Cove Rotary
- Served on Board of Directors for the Gift of Life Foundation
- Served on Board of Directors for North Shore Sheltering Program, Inc.