Phone: (516) 248-1700
Fax: (866) 522-1235
Barry C. Feldman concentrates his practice in tax litigation, estate and tax planning, as well as estate administration. He has represented both individuals and corporations in matters pending before the Internal Revenue Service throughout the United States, and has appeared on behalf of clients in matters pending in the United States Tax Court, the New York State Division of Tax Appeals, and the City of New York Tax Appeals Tribunal.
In private practice, in addition to tax litigation matters, Mr. Feldman has successfully counseled clients with regard to complex estate planning techniques and has worked with members of the corporate and commercial department of the Firm regarding tax issues arising in the course of corporate formation and consolidation, and compensation planning. Mr. Feldman is also involved in the formation of public charities and private foundations and qualifying them as tax-exempt under both Federal and New York State law. Recently, he enjoyed the significant distinction of having qualified a corporation as tax-exempt before it was officially formed and in existence under state law. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Feldman was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Office of Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service where, among other duties, he served as the first District Counsel Tax Shelter Coordinator for the Manhattan District.
- Corporate & Commercial
- Tax, Trusts & Estates
- St. John’s University of Law, 1974
- New York University School of Law, L.L.M. in Taxation, 1978
- The City College of New York, B.A., 1970
- New York State Bar
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Nassau County Bar Association (participant in the Surrogate’s Court, Estates & Trusts and Tax Law Committees)