Anthony P. DeCapua
Anthony P. DeCapua
Anthony P. DeCapua is a Partner at Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Construction, Litigation and Cannabis practice groups.
Anthony is a seasoned litigator and ADR practitioner. He has represented property developers, contractors, material suppliers, public entities and sureties in contract breach matters, payment and performance bond claims, change order and extra work disputes, public bid disputes, construction defect cases, delay claims, mechanic’s lien claims and trust diversion matters from inception to trial and appeal. In addition, Anthony counsels clients on construction contract drafting and administration, insurance coverage, project bonding requirements, union labor issues and construction risk exposure.
Building a cannabis dispensary in New York is subject to both local municipal building codes and New York State Department of Health requirements. Anthony uses his extensive construction knowledge to help developers and contractors navigate and succeed in the facility design-build process.
Prior to joining Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP, Anthony was Of Counsel at another Uniondale-based law firm.
Anthony serves as a member of the Long Island Regional Leadership Committee for the Empire State Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors trade association and the Connetquot Central School District Facility Advisory Committee.
- Touro College, J.D., 1999
- St. John's University, B.A., 1995
- New York
- Federal Courts in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Member, Long Island Regional Leadership Committee for the Empire State Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors trade association
- Member, Connetquot Central School District Facility Advisory Committee
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association (Construction Law & ADR Committees)
- Member, Nassau County Bar Middle School Mentoring Program
- June 11, 2020
Is Your Business Insured for COVID-19? It Depends.
(published on LongIslandBusiness.com on June 15, 2020 and LongIsland.com on June 18, 2020)
- May 14, 2020
Prepare Now for Construction Safety Under COVID-19
- February 18, 2020
New York Real Estate Journal 2020 Ones to Watch Spotlight
- November 11, 2019
Anthony P. DeCapua Joins Forchelli Deegan Terrana LLP as a Partner